Thursday, December 4, 2008

Updates

1. At least one news outlet has contacted me, expressing interest in covering next Tuesday's planned demonstration in front of BSA headquarters. I will now have to "dress for success" for television, it seems.

2. Ken commented yesterday:

"Ok folks... just got a call from David Park in Texas (Dallas area) who is legal counsel for the Boy Scouts... He indicated that he will be calling Doug regarding this issue asap."

Nope. My phone hasn't rang from anyone there, which is pretty much consistent with their past actions when dealing with me, which is to do absolutely nothing and hope I go away. Wishful thinking on their part.

3. I have it on good authority that the assistant for Bob Mazzuca isn't getting much work done lately, as she is having to spend all of her time answering phone calls about this issue. Please keep spreading the word. We are definitely having an effect.

Thanks to everyone for your help and support. It's appreciated more than you'll ever know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates Doug. I will watch for the news on Tuesday, and if you can get a link to any news outlet that covered it, I will use it in a blog post that I will do on Tuesday or Wednesday. I will email all my friends/family and close clients. I am ready to go all "blogosphere" on this. I hope others are as well. Your demonstration in front of BSA Headquarters is what we need to launch this campaign.

I am disappointed that David Park never contacted you. But I'm happy to hear others are calling Mazzuca's office.

Anonymous said...

All,

The BSA are now in all out "circle the wagons" mode when stuff like this gets out.

If the BSA is serious about doing something, then something should have happened already.

Don't let the BSA off the hook!!! Hold them 100% accountable and, if needed, make them PAY for letting this go on.

I fully support their "claims" to be morally-straight. But, if they let these types of crimes go on, they are no better than the politicians they lobby so heavily.